Are Health Apps Just Data Sucking Parasites?
Is Apple as accurate AF when it comes to monitoring your heart?
The huge study of 419,093 participants showed 0.5% received an irregular heartbeat notification. Some hailed the results as a great success while others questioned the accuracy,
Is Tech the Enemy or Savior of our Mental Health?
After the long running debate on how much screen time is too much a study implicated Social Media in Youth Depression. Yet technology is being used as a solution, video games are being touted as a way of alleviating depression and anxiety, with an increasing evidence base. 1.3% of one chatbot’s users expressed suicidal thoughts, showing that it is sometimes easier to speak to a non-human without stigma. Companies are working to provide empathy in virtual coaching and counseling. Artificial Intelligence is helping human therapists provide better treatment. Technology platforms are being increasingly used to support workplace metal health
Is the FDA being NICE to Pharma?
A PwC report highlighted 4 potential opportunities for Pharma and Medical Device companies, in the FDA’s evolving digital health guidance. NICE (UK) updated its evidence standards for implementing digital health technology in the NHS and gaining reimbursement
Is Healthcare in the Workplace Evolving?
Other Health Tech News:
- Artificial Intelligence is being explored in Lung Cancer Detection and Heart Attack Prevention
- A study showed Augmented Reality controlled robots have potential to help people with disabilities
- Voice Technology and Smart Speakers are being used in the operating theater to provide hands free support in real time
- Health Platform Livongo shows preliminary blood pressure lowering data after 6 months
- Xealth the digital health prescribing platform closes funding round